Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sad...Sad...Sad.....

I was told that there will be no celebrations this year. No concert.... no lunch.... no dinner.... na da.... nothing! Why like that? If teachers don't get to be appreciated on teachers' day, when then? The whole situation just saddens me. Was talking to a teacher-friend of mine last week and her school's having a lunch where the theme was cartoon characters and she had wanted to go as strawberry shortcake.... so fun! What is the reason behind it I wonder? Perhaps there is a need to save funds. But I don't get why there is no concert. Do people realise that having concerts teaches the children to show their appreciation? It teaches the children to be appreciative of things done for them.... Taking that away seems foolish as it retards further efforts to ensure that our children grow up human. As it is we have a bunch of really rude children.....sigh......

Went to KK to see my aunt... she has a growth in her womb. the docs said that if it is cancerous, they will have to remove her womb. Alhamdulillah.... it's just a huge cyst....My aunt's scared but she's putting up a real brave front. Her smiles may mask her pain, but I know she's in pain .... Allah, please give cik pah the strength she needs to get thru this...

Every time things like this happens, I just want to give up.... But my sweet sweet mummy always tells me to take her as a living example..... her mum died when she was very young.... so she grew up taking care of her 7 younger siblings.... after that she married my dad who was match made to her.... so she had to leave her boyfriend.... after about 15 years of marriage, my father fell ill.... three years later he died.... so she raised me and my 2 younger siblings...... she had to work very hard.... Just when everything is beginning to settle down, we all started working and was beginning to support her.... she was stricken with end stage renal failure.... Kidney failure lah.... and yet never once did she falter..... She's a very very strong woman. I wished I had half her strength.....

God, please make me strong. Please grant my mum long life so she may live to see her grandchildren... Please give her the strength to live her live to the fullest and get all that she deserves.... Amin....

No comments: