Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sepet...

I watched this movie just now. Loved it. For the first time, I saw, in a Malaysian made movie, a real hospital room!.... In one scene where the hero's friend was injured and had to be hospitalized, it was shot in a real one. I was very impressed. But then again... This is no ordinary movie..... IT IS NOT a Yusof Haslam movie.... IT IS NOT starring Erra Fazira and wig wearing husband Norman from KRU. It's cast consisted of people who can actually act! I was not even irritated when they spoke a mixture of English and Malay when I usually do especially if spoken by actors who say 'care L' when talking about the capital of Malaysia and how they need to go 'oversea' to study! In fact the mixed language used in this movie was so naturally spoken. Just like something you and I might use in our daily dealings in life....

I loved the show. Did I say that already? I'll say it again..... I love the show. Partly due to the fact that it brought back fond memories of my first ever 'boyfriend'.He he.... The show is about cross racial love, by the way. I agree with what one of the characters said. Back then, life was so simple. Everybody liked everybody.... Why is it that now, when we are supposed to be more civilized, communication has become more difficult to do?

In fact I have more to add to that. I remembered a story my late grandpa told me about how he used to wait by the titi in his kampung for the postman to come by every 26th of the month because that was whenthe letter from my grandma to be would arrive. Maklumlah kan, the postal service in Muar in the 40s leaves a lot to be desired. So a single letter would take at least 3 weeks before it arrived to the other party. My point, and I do have one, is that, it was THAT difficult to stay in touch back then but people made the effort. BUT NOW, we have email, hand phones, fax machines, instant messaging and everything else that facilitates communication, it is simply getting harder for people to keep in touch. Absurd isn't it?


Who ate the nangka, he will kena the getah lah..... but he who makes my heart smile.... this one's for you....

No comments: