Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Jalan Limau Manis

Last Sunday MBB and I went on our final Raya visiting. For lunch, we went to MBB's boss's house. He and is family live at Stirling Rd, in one of those quaint 2-storey terrace houses near Ikea. I loved it... they had a garden area, a small backyard behind the kitchen and an upstairs where the bedrooms are. It was so cosy.... I also like the fact that while they were very highly educated and earning thousands monthly, they were humble and down-to-earth.... Which is more then some people i know, not very educated, not very rich but act like they live on Donald Trump's paycheck... What rubbish. No snaps taken, busy bitching with the boss's wife, she was a teacher before.... I guess once a teacher, always a teacher lah......

After that we joined Mak and Farah at Jalan Limau Manis. I like the road name. That's where my uncle and his family have shifted. The first and probably the only one in my dad's family to move into a landed property. So of course I a bit jakun lah.... 3 storey leh.... I will never be able to own that kind of property in Singapore..... Not in this lifetime...heheh.... So i checked out the house..... living room on the ground floor, up the stairs to the kitchen which opens up to a spacious backyard where some serious barbeque could get going....., then up another floor to 3 huge bedrooms and yet up another flight of stairs to the humungous master bedroom.... hmmm.... all those steps, no wonder my cousins are so trim....

So being the camera whores that we are, Farah and me took snaps everywhere.... and we roped MBB in as well... so for the day, he was a camera gigolo? ahhhahhahhah......

At the gate...

In the backyard...

At the foyer...

On the staircase...

Fortunately my aunt knows me well and knows also how crazy I am so she was not bothered that we were busy snapping all over the house while she and my mom was catching up...

Cik Zah, thank you for having us. Your mee soto was shiok... your house is great and we had a great time.... next time, we stay longer......

No comments: