Friday, December 09, 2005

Coffee Talk and Hawker Walk..?

MBB and I went to the doc's last night. He needed to get his pain medication. After that headed to the coffee shop nearby to get dinner. While waiting for the spring chicken to be ready, we sat and had teh.

Sensing that MBB had something on his mind, he gets into a funny way when he's trying to talk about something he's super uncomfortable with, I asked what's up? This was what he said...

"Will there ever be a situation where you will be ok with my coming home late?"

Yours truly nearly choked on her teh. I was like... what kind of a question was that??? So I answered...

"Of course... NOT," and pretended to be extremely interested in my cup of teh. I have invariably opened a huge can of worms. Not knowing where this conversation was heading, I went to check on the damn spring chicken.

Let me tell you something about me. With MBB, I don't like to get into an arguement where I know for sure I won't win.... heheheh.... I mean, who likes losing, yes? So while checking on the fowl, I prepared myself for what was to come.

Returning to the table, as the bird was still swimming in bubbling oil, MBB waited till I sat down and continued...

"You do realise that this part of my job will not change? There will always be times where I will be late....,"

So I launched into my counter strike... heheh..... I told him that he surely understands where I was coming from. I would not have been so mad if he had not been late 3 days in a row... and it was not 10 pm late... It was 2 am late!! If not for the fact that it was my hols, I would not have ben so irritated. So I went on and on about how if he needed me to understand his job, he should meet me halfway and not expect me to just accept and take it. I know I was being unreasonable that night and my being that way did not help him but in fact had a negative effect on his doing his work... so I apologised... but that he needed to understand why I reacted as such. I thought MBB was beginning to get my point so I laid off....

The chicken was finally ready and we headed home...I knew that the arguement was far from being over as MBB says there will always be late nights for him.... I know that, but I as far as I'm concerned, if I stop bothering, I stop caring....

..........

Points to ponder

1. Did not realise that the spring chicken took so long to prepare. It lasted as long as my cup of teh.

2. Our arguement took place at a coffee shop??????

3. It is NOT EASY making a marriage work. Things are complicated enough without children. Understanding the requirements of each others job also ensures that endless going for each others' throat don't happen. Sometimes, I feel that it's too much work but not being with MBB would be too heartbreaking.

Sigh....

No comments: