Monday, January 23, 2006

Under the Weather

I''m sick.

My nose cannot decide if it wants to run or get stuck. My throat is super scratchy. My fever runs up and down. It feels like a big glob of phlegm has taken up residence at the back of my throat and threatens to overthrow the control that the central nervous system has over my body.

I don't know what brought this on. Stress, long hours in school, my house that seems to be in a perpetual mess, my work that does not seem to end.... so many variables. I think i just need rest. Lots of it. I miss the hols. I miss staying at home and waking up late. When will the next break be?

I leave home before the sun rises and return home after the sun has set. But I'm in the AM session. I should be able to go home much earlier. The thing is, when you start marking after school ends, you tend to lose track of time. On top of that, there's much to do anyway. I miss my home.

Friday night I had dinner with friends. At NYDC. In town. That was the first time in a long, long while that I went to town. On a friday night no less. Great food, great company and juicy conversations made for a wonderful evening. It was a good dinner and my close proximity to Marks and Spencer made it all tooo exciting.


I miss the times when such dinners were more frequent occurences. But now, given the new year, new positions, new circumstances, I know such to-dos will be few and far in between. It sickens me though that the reason is so that people would not perceive us as giving and receiving preferential treatments. Why do people do that? Don't they realise that we are all adults who are able to behave professionally, most times? But I guess people do and that's just the way it is.

No matter what, tomorrow's the beginning of another week. Something happened on Friday. It saddens me how indifferent some people can be. It saddens me how nonchalant some people can be. I'm not sad lah. I'm livid! Some people are lucky I'm not the one who will be yelling at them.

2 comments:

胖天使 said...

Shit man!
can u see the strand of WHITE hair? ALamak!!! it's screaming at all of you

Zak said...

Eh, where got white hair? all i see is your blonde strands....same as saadiah...ahahahha