Monday, January 07, 2008

HK....So Far..... Errr, no pun intended....

I'm currently holed up in a teeeeny tiny place aptly called cozy studios. It's alright I guess for temporary lodging except that the previous tenant was a super duper heavy smoker and the smoke dah melekat in the curtains and aircon..... Quite the choking. To make things worse, they DO NOT have my vicks inhaler. They don't have the Vicks brand here. Fortunately, Mdm S has agreed to send me a vicks care package soon. Thanks darling!! What would I do without you.

I'm getting very very frustrated with the rental situation in Hong Kong. The prices are EXORBITANT! I mean, terrible..... they are asking for $4k for a place the size of a 2 room flat in SG, I mean, you tell me lah..... teruk tak???? Today we went to see an apartment at this place called the grand promenade. It's a brilliant place. It's on the 62nd floor!! Imagine that! My ears actually got blocked while going up the lift...It's small but new and bright and has a fantastic view. But the rent's HK$20k .... which is about 4k sg.... it's completely unfurnished. so not a good deal at all.....

In the evening we went to see this place at Causeway Bay, right next to a fire station. the building's a bit old but it's right smack in town and the place is relatively big compared to anything we've seen so far..... The owner's english, he and wife are going to tokyo so looking to rent out the place. I like it. It comes fully furnished, internet ready, cable enabled and the rent's HK$15K. which is not too bad considering the deal..... good vibes about this place. hope he likes us enough to lease it to us...

Speaking of good vibes, or rather lack of it..... at one of the places we went to visit today, we were greeted by police and the body of a man who either jumped down or fell off.... no matter what, I told MBB under no circumstances are we even going to consider THAT place......

After being here for 2 weeks, i dare say that Hong Kong is very much like New York...Not that I have ever been to New Yorkl ah but from whatever I have read about NY and seen on tv, there are many many similarities.... In both places, the steet sides are always shaded coz the buildings are so tall.... both places have Times Square, Radio City, Soho, Central many things lah....

So, if we do get the ang moh's place, I'll be living right smack in the heart of town. Something to really look forward to.....

By the way, friends and family, who loves and misses me, please feel free to send care packages consisting of spices, ready to use mixes, kicap manis...... all these I will welcome with big open arms....

No comments: