Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Future

These lovelies of mine came to visit last night. They are close to my heart coz they we were there when I first picked up a chalk ( yes... I started teaching when it was still the chalk and board) and turned around to face 40 monsters hidden behind big gorgeous eyes. They were there when I addressed as 'cher' for the first time. They were there when I was this naive, much younger and lighter person who had big dreams and fancy schmancy ideas as to what a teacher is. They were there when I broke down when the profession was getting to me.

They never knew it but it was their smiles, their silly antics like drinking minyak kapak, like throwing up in front of my classroom, like throwing up bandung in my class, like almost burning down Holiday Inn Kuching, that time and time and again brought me up from whatever low I was experiencing. And now, when I'm on the verge of another milestone in my teaching adventure ( or lack of it, heh ) they are still there. For that my dearest, I'm truly honoured and grateful.

These group of lovelies always restores my faith in the younger generation. In times when you have insolent adolescents who defecate into plastic bags with the intention of smashing their biological war'bags' onto their teachers' cars, who pee into their teacher's hot water flasks, it's a blessing to know these lovelies who are set achieve greater things in life. One is to become a business IT manager, you know, the ones you see in banks who look so tres chic they might as well have just stepped out of a fashion mag. 3 are set to join the medical industry, one as a doctor, mind you, and the other 2 will be nurses. Another is almost ready to be a great engineer.... the other 2 while waiting to start their tertiary education in the local universities, are moulding the future...

I'm very proud of them, they've grown up to become level headed adults who have pertinent views on issues, who are not at all afraid to voice out how they feel ( can i take credit for that guys? I also not afraid to voice out my opinion ) not just for the sake of it, you know? Very proud I am, indeed.

My lovelies, don't fret, yours truly will be back here next year, then we can have another makan session, maybe this time we'll get something other than pizza....

Now that I have my medical set for old age, free medicine and free care right Ilman, Shariena and Yanti? I also have all my plastic needs covered, yes Ain? Afiq has all my IT needs covered.....And Miss K and Z can always come teach my kids, just need to find a lawyer and accountant...

Anyhoo, I love you guys! Please do come... Disneyland's waiting for ya!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

plastic? err, okay. any time cikgu! (: thanks for having us. and for moulding us into what we are right now.

disneyland, disneyland! -chants-

love,
ain.

Anonymous said...

heyyy kak zak,its kinda sad as we were bout to get close.well,ive been to HK,and frankly,its not dat bad afterall.u shld see it in a diff view,better future for both u and abang.

胖天使 said...

me also nak go disneyland.....

Zak said...

Elza: I do expect you to come up and visit when we're there. In fact now tengah serabut berpacking pun u should come and visit.... boleh tolong pack.hahahaha

Gingergal: You I will miss. Next year, no Japan, HK only.