Wednesday, October 11, 2006

C'est La Vie

I have a craving for this.

Aren't they just gorgeous. Ayang, maybe this weekend we'll do grilled seafood for Iftar, yes? I like the fasting month. Apart from the miniscule and however negligible weight loss, this fasting month actually makes most Muslim families sit down together to break fast. Something the Chinese folks have been practising for ages. It's a wonderful thing, sit down dinners. Brings the family close if not closer. Family members talk about each other's day, what their highs and lows of the day were, basically just communicating. How nice.

For me, breaking fast could have been a terrible experience. While I'm in Chicago ( read: Choa Chu Kang ), MBB's in Tasmanania ( read: Tampines ) Hehe... Well, it might as well have been Chicago and Tanzania since we're not together. Luckily I have my mummy. She is Godsend. Despite her dialysis, she still will preapare food for us. Great food by the way.... On most days I will be at her place breaking fast with her and my baby sister. Sometimes it upsets me that MBB breaks his fast at his desk in his office with just a cup of coffee and an OCK curry puff. So it is that tomorrow, MBB and I will have our first buka out together! I am excited. Feels a little like going on a first date...

Some people should learn to appreciate their families more. Some others should be thankful for having easy lives and wonderful families and NOT rub it in our faces. I have come to a realization that I actually do know some really conceited, I'm-better-than-you-I-have-everything-You will-never-have-anything kind of people. Well, c'est la vie. I'm just thankful for my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodnesssssss..those do look deelish!! Eversince I left Singapore, I've learnt to really treasure the abundance of seafood available there. Here...no such luck. Seafood is very expensive!